Locating transmission in frame

So I'm mocking up an early 620 driveshaft and 4 speed transmission in a 521 (the previous owner removed the engine mounts, transmission mount and driveshaft bearing support crossmember, yea fun) and the transmssion looks too far forward to me. The nessessary transmission mount looks much longer than anything I have seen online, but it seems to put the engine in the right place. The service manual only mentions a long tail transmission. I have been told that the 620 driveshaft is the right length, so what am I missing? 

8iBdG7V.jpg

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a shorttail transmission, from a '73 if it's from a 620.   Looks very close to the correct position.

The transmission mount crossmember in the picture is not a Datsun 620 pickup crossmember.  Dunno what it is.  521 and 620 crossmembers have 2 bolts on each side if I recall correctly (I know 620 ones do).  It's also in the wrong place- it's supposed to be in FRONT of the torsion bar crossmember not behind it.  Should be directly underneath the mounting flange on the transmission.