l28et swap FACTS

drummingpariah

I'm tired of looking through thread after thread of anecdotal information without getting any hard answers to questions regarding l28et's into s30's. I'm looking through my own (purchased half-finished) swap now, trying to identify all the connectors that are disconnected. I've gone through the wiring diagrams for several s30's (mine happens to be a 75 280z) and all the l28et-powered manuals (81-83), and still have a lot of unanswered questions.

Here's what I want:

Identify each connector, then establish its purpose in the harness. Lay out differences in models and any information worth noting during a swap. I've started a document to organize this information, and would LOVE any collaboration I can get.

Please Contribute

If you have data but don't feel comfortable updating that spreadsheet, please email me directly with your facts (be painfully specific) and/or photos at jesse@drivendaily.org

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get the FSM and complete wiring diagrams from XenonS130.com

I believe they have the colored diagrams on that site. Trace each wire in the diagram, then you know how to hook it up.

Its how I verified the wiring on my 83 N/A -> 82 ET swap. Its literally like 4 wires to get it running.

I dont know how much simpler it is, its probably cheaper.

The original ECU is OK, but an MS is much better, and honestly they are really not that pricey, I mean you can get a fully ready to go setup for like 350ish I believe. You just need a few cheap sensors and a reluctor wheel