S130 W/ 350 SBC Steering Question And Progress

CJAG

Ok so i have a 79' slick top 280zx that ive been working on for awhile now. So far ive stripped it down, POR 15 painted the underbody, all suspension components, engine bay, and interior (because im running a shtripped interior). Ive fixed and painted the majorly crack dash and added all new autometer pro gauges. Ive fabed up sheet steel door panels, kick pans, and panels on the dash to run all my switches (push start, nitrous controls, fans, fuel, water.) Ive installed a new momo steering wheel and racing seats, crow 3" 4 point harnesses, built a full cage as well. Also installed the nx express bottle and 10 gal fuel cell (all stainless lines = ridiculously expensive). Ive redone the entire suspension with tokico hp struts and shocks, eibach springs, all polly bushings, msa sway bars. Got a new 3 core radiator for the first gen 350 sbc, all msd ignition (6al box, blaster 3 coil, 8.5 mm plugs, distributor). Ive installed quick fuel regulators, nx express inline fuel pump, quick fuel filter. Ive rebuilt the brake calipers and painted them, new pads, drilled and slotted rotors, bf goodwrench lines, new wheel bearings. Im probably missing other stuff but ive come to the point of dropping the engine in the car. The problem ive ran into is with most swaps, people do a manual rack and pinion swap. Its been impossible for me to come across a rack and xmember without dropping a ton of money. Just wondering if anyone did this swap and continued to use the recirculating ball type steering and how to do it?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic