Droppin' Dimes

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

any tips/tricks to doing so? appreciate any help or advice.

once I get the motor back together im going to test fit it with tranny, wire it up, and get it running.

then pull it back out to get the brake lines done and possibly paint.

and then still have to do all chassis wiring

My car already had the motor installed so I can't help. I can only tell you how difficult it is with the motor forward. From what I've seen pushing it back still makes for a tight fit for fans/rad.

If my turbo manifold, exhaust, drive shaft and tranny tunnel weren't done I would move mine back. Unfortunately all those things would need to be modified now...

Josh-

• 1 month later...

so i never update seeing im always busy. lately just been enjoying the 4 dr and recently pulled the motor to clean up the engine bay and do some gaskets. also started trying to clean up the body a bit.

still a work in progress but heres some pics

photo4_zpsfe460f95.jpg

photo3_zps26dc41d6.jpg

and i needed a crank and rod for the dual cam for my 2dr. came across a deal on a blown headgasket complete block for $20 more than i wouldve paid for the crank and rod.

got it torn down and you can see motor has been rebuilt somewhat recently. head was really clean, timing chain guide broke like usual. just waiting on a headgasket and chain kit so i can put it back together.

photo1_zps20d610f6.jpg

got the head resurfaced

photo2_zps8bbb3065.jpg

plan is to get this motor in within the next week or so and order a wiring specialties harness so i can hopefully have the 2dr running soon.

one of the service advisors at my dealer used to build 510s, he gave me a set of 90mm pistons he had brand new. and the shop foreman/master tech used to work for datsun back in the day and after that nissan for many years and they love to help out. 

with the other block im going to bore it out to use the 90mm pistons, and get some brian crower stage 2 cams, so once i have the 2dr running just switch over the block, and put in the cams

still a long way to go, but a light is starting to appear at the end of the tunnel.

oh and i might be adding another 4dr to the pack, well see how things go by the end of the week, as if two werent enough.

• 2 weeks later...

so i finally got an ecm and wire harness and got it all wired up to the can am.

tomorrow ill probably test fit it with the tranny bolted up, just need to get a trans mount,

and see how much banging of tranny tunnel is needed.

i see a light at the end of the tunnel, still so much to do though, hopefully she will at least run within the next few weeks

thought id leave this here, hopefully in the future mine will have one.

seeing i work at honda, it only seems right hahaha :)

when i picked up my harness at a shop by my house, they were building it for a customer

photo2_zpse8935dd9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

so finally got the motor and tranny all mounted and it sitting as far back as it can.

productive day off.

now I just need to measure for the driveshaft...once I get one made ill be a happy camper.

can anyone show me to some flexible brake lines. a shop quoted me $500 to do mine,but I have better things to spend that money on.

and I don't want to bend them myself because I want it to look good.

• 2 weeks later...

where im at as of now... getting my driveshaft cut hopefully done on monday.

everything else mounted.

photo1_zpsa7ef13eb.jpg

still need a radiator and headers...anyone got input on headers? i hear most people use obx?

got a pedal out of a 240 happy with how it sits might need to make like a 2in spacer between the mount and pedal to bring it up a tad, and single cam throttle cable which is close to perfect. 

photo3_zps51f89ba6.jpg

currently working on completing my stock dash...hopefully within the next week or so ill get it started up so i can tear it all apart and get the brake lines done and save up for some bodywork and a paint job.