Droppin' Dimes

Bamboo tan is one of my favorite colors.  There is a really good pic of a member's Bamboo tan 510 from here that shows up on a Google search.  Unfortunately the original pic location is missing so I can post the pic to show you.  I have the pic saved on my computer, but it crashed and I'm using my wifes laptop....

Here is a link to Matty's Thread.  He has a nice Bamboo tan 510:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/58633-bamboozle-1970-510/

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

got the r180 in and rear back together except the driver side because im missing the rubber bushing for the spring that goes between the body and the top of the spring.

nice when you actually have a little time to work on your own car instead of customer cars.

photo4_zps05fab5e0.jpg

photo3_zps6cce265f.jpg

photo_zpsd7c2c80b.jpg

• Like 1

Bamboo tan is one of my favorite colors.  There is a really good pic of a member's Bamboo tan 510 from here that shows up on a Google search.  Unfortunately the original pic location is missing so I can post the pic to show you.  I have the pic saved on my computer, but it crashed and I'm using my wifes laptop....

Here is a link to Matty's Thread.  He has a nice Bamboo tan 510:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/58633-bamboozle-1970-510/

yeah i like that color, always had a black car so thats top of my list, especially a black 510 :). was also thinking gun metal grey but im constantly changing my mind so well see when it comes time for paint 

• Like 1

went and got some extended studs today on my lunch break. if anyone is looking for extended studs that are easy to come by $2 a piece at frsport, these fit really tight and come in 50 and 60mm. 

all im waiting on is the bushings should be here tomorrow or the next day and my rear end is done, with the exception of brake lines.

securedownload1_zps29ae04ac.jpg

so one wasn't enough. price was right had to buy it.

wish it was a 2dr but not complaining and variety is nice.

bought it with a timing chain rattle, already ordered everything and will be doing it this weekend.

drove it home hour and a half no problems at 70 mph on the fwy.

body is decent, some spots rough, and some horrible flares, trying to figure out how to clean it up cause of the cutting.

will post some pics this weekend after I clean her up a little

guess this is going to become a double build thread haha.

plan for the 4dr is keep it cheap and on the road no drastic changes where the cars down for weeks.

clean up the body a bit throw on a gloss black paint job and some wheels and enjoy it.

might end up selling it after fixing it up or passing it onto my brother ^^^^

l20b with 32 36 weber

280zx 5 spd trans

one piece driveshaft

headers

b210 booster

so got around to doing the front cover this weekend.
driver side guide broke at the bolts and was just hanging out in there.
just replaced the guides and tensioner, crank seal, chain and sprockets looked fairly new like someone was just in there

right rear lugs kept coming loose so got it apart and the studs werent even pressed into the hub, luckily i made it home when i bought it, cant believe i did. 

dont know what the previous owner did but the holes were huge.
got some 14mm knurl studs and grinded them till they fit really snug. drove it all day and checked the torque twice and theyre good. happy about that.

some of you might have seen it on craigslist for sale, and got it for a really good price 

some pics, excuse the previous owners neglectance to body work :(

getting the royal treatment at my work
photo_zps31a1ebae.jpg

photo1_zpsaa4bc3be.jpg

photo2_zps897ac497.jpg

photo3_zps02ae0712.jpg

did a good tune up while i was at it.

set the timing to 11 degrees i think its suppose to be 9 but running like a champ

just need to do a valve adjustment this week and shell be perfect.

tweaked with the carb

new plugs oil, coolant, belt,

and actually put a thermostat in it, car wouldnt get hot forever, so i had a feeling there wasnt one and there wasnt.

cant wait for sunday picking a few needed parts for the 2 dr.

test fit my buddies wheels on the 4dr to see what size i wanna get.

15x9 just now finding what wheels i want

fit perfect except id run a 45 instead of 55, and front barely touched at full turn

photo_zps0a7d657b.jpg

picked up a complete dash for the 2dr at eagle rock thanks to james.

will be swapping out the radio part with the switches. been swapping a bunch of extra parts i had to try make it a perfect dash.

photo2_zpsb37424b4.jpg

also a rear seat for the 2dr. i will probably be taking the seat and the dash pad to my upholstery guy to see what he can do with them.

photo3_zps65d7a00f.jpg

and wheels as u can see in the background for the 4dr. just waiting on tires for those test fit them though.

my friends wheels i tried on were 9s, these are 8s so ill probably use a spacer for rear, not sure about front yet.

photo1_zps2627da45.jpg

looking at putting a down payment for an 05-06 sti. so might end up selling the 4dr and my truck. hope to get the 2dr running by summer (never sell her). always changing my mind so not sure yet

• 3 weeks later...

^^thanks. to my knowledge they seem like stock springs cut.

going to be getting a set of rear coilovers from the guy I get all my suspension parts from real soon.

haven't made much progress lately. but next on my list is

will be ditching the single cam for a dual cam when I find one.

rear coilovers.

then get the motor in and wired up running. pull it out again.

get it sandblasted, paint and brake lines run.

lastly interior and chassis wiring.

wont be done for a while but hopefully up and running this summer, and somewhat presentable.

to the coilover question. no springs.

the front coils?

his name is Dwayne and hes out in the san bernadino county area

he makes all types of suspension parts, caliper brackets etc

if youre interested I can send you his number.

youd have to talk prices with him.

picked up a dual cam for dirt cheap off zilvia, complete except for 1 or 2 sensors. 

guy said it had a little knock. planned on rebuilding it anyway. 

currently pulling it apart so this weekend i can take the block and head to a machine shop in my area.

IMG_5999_zps4523dd33.jpg

ordered my trans member from techno toy

IMG_6003_zps57ab1c62.jpg

will be ordering 620 motor mounts this weekend and z trans mount.

It's a thought but I'm giving my brother first choice If I do and he can come up with the money.

For the price I got it, it's nicer that 70% of the ones I see out there cause im always looking to buy more

just needs a paint job and couple minor touch ups addressed

got the motor pulled apart. just waiting until next week to take it over to a machine shop in my area.

john edwards, costa mesa R&D

IMG_6021_zpsf2a3499e.jpg

IMG_6022_zps2a054651.jpg

think i found the problem. going to need a rod and crank :(

IMG_6020_zpsf0a3b966.jpg

seems legit. 

cap nuts on it were pretty loose. and everythings stamped so i think someone has rebuilt it before.

going to look for a crank and rod on zilvia and craiglist hopefully i can get one soon so i can get the motor back together

getting anxious my goal was to have the 2dr atleast running by summer