Mustache bar woes

S30

Right now I am trying to update my rear end set up in my 240z after my home made "R230" diff mounting kit broke after 10 years. I replaced the front home made diff mount with a Techno Tunning mount before the transverse link arm snapped and it made me consider swapping out my drilled r200 mustache bar.

post-5422-0-02301200-1375597733.jpg

post-5422-0-68786800-1379724897.jpg

It seems alot of people in other circles refer to the Q45 differential as an R230, but from what Ive glean recently it is actually an R200v. My issue is that on my Q45 differential, the mustache bar mounting bolts are 4 3/4 (center to center) while my Techno Tunning R230 mustache bar bolt provisions are spaced for 5 1/2 (center to center). This simply doesn't bolt up and I can not return the bar since it was bought used, it is no ones fault but my own for trying to save a hundred bucks. I don't know if some where in its life span the Q45 differential I own had its cover swapped before I bought it or there is massive amounts of incorrect information online, either way I have a nice billet mustache bar I cant do jack with.

What I gathered is the Z32 turbo 300zx differential is the real "R230", but I dont know if the cover will fit my Q45 pumpkin. Also the s14 240sx has the same spacing for the cover but it looks considerably thick and might move the diff forward. Hell, I dont even know what I am asking at this point, more of just bitch'in to bitch. I should just fork out the cash and buy the correct mustache bar instead of hunting down diff covers to see if they might fit.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, like, duh man. Cheap is the way to go. Actually over 10 years ago there wasnt really a off the self kit you could buy for the Q45 set up, and I am a firm believer in built not bought. But fuck man, that TTT is all shiney and stuff. :rofl:

Not in a bind, I left the old mustache bar is still in the car when I installed the new modified transverse link arm. Which if I snap that thing in half, I have some huge issues going on. I need to find a turbo Z32 cover, I bought an NA z32 cover on ebay few days go for $30 shipped but found out after it shipped that the NA and Turbos have different rear subframes and have different center to center spacing. What ever, it was $30 lesson.

The diff is from the IS class cars, the LSD is a Torsen T20. JTEKT Torsen is part of the Toyota Group. Dont mean to be a dick but it was never a Subbie diff and you are incorrect. Also I highly doubt that the front mount could fit in a hls30 chassis, I'd wager that it would be alot of custom work for something that doesnt work any better than what is already available currently. 

$T2eC16ZHJIQE9qUHuEt2BQMqI,c4eg~~60_3.JP

$%28KGrHqRHJEkFDw7RSGNwBQ9FgzdupQ~~60_3.