85 720

mercjos

I picked up this 85 720 back in March, I am the 2nd registored owner on this truck and found it with 125k. It was garaged for the last 4-5 years as the original owner passed away. Here are a couple pics of when I first bought the truck. I had been looking for this truck for over 6 yeras and finally found a clean one.

2o0z.jpg

y3eu.jpg

and after I lowered it and detailed her up a bit

jach.jpg

zqu9.jpg

hjj5.jpg

nt28.jpg

looking to swap the wheels soon and replace front bumper and add a role pan in the back.

so far i have done the regular maintenance, swapped the alternator, battery, all fluids, installed shorter bump stops, and new toxic drop shocks for the 4"/4" drop.

I use it as my daily and put about 45 miles on the truck per day, still rides great even at highway speeds

• Like 1
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I'd just be happy with a STRAIGHT bumper at this point.  I've seen this bumper before, on several trucks.

I hear you there, mine are about as smooth as a drunk nerd at a pool party. I looked into it more and those bumpers were found on handle beds too.

I never realized they put the rear lights in the bumper for the 85. Mine are on the body for 84. Must be one of the differences between handle bed and smooth bed. Hmmm...

i think those are just reflectors, i havnt noticed any wires for those. I been trying to land a factory roll pan but all the ones i see at the salvage yard are beat to shit.

• 2 months later...