Electric Power Steering kits for Z-series

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

electric power steering is literally the best thing to ever happen to steering

i have it on my civic, no lines, no fluids, no fuss no muss. its totally reliable, mine is at over 260k and NOT ONE ISSUE.

fluid power steering is crap, i have always hated it, the lines the mess, and it always feels shitty to me. less road feel, less well, everything IMHO. but EPS (electronic power steering) its the way of the future, its so responsive its amazing, its like driving with no PS at all.

idk what the pricing is on those kits though, if its over a grand then idk if i would call that worth it.

its about 1500.

it seems more like something you'd want to do at the "end" of your build just to make it more comfortable to drive. or if you had tons of money.

I was looking at it because of the whole steering box issue in my wagon (which I plan on swapping to R&P) 

Holy shite $1500, yea thats too much

if it was an actual rack, then 1500 would be an expected price, but for something that goes through the steering tube? 1500?, i dont think so. they would be better off to mod existing z racks to be EPS racks. than building this setup they way they have it IMHO.

theres other issues as well, the wire to the steering motor is too small, the wire on my civic is at least twice as thick, and they made tit even bigger for the 06 model year. the response feedback will not likely be to the common EPS expectation when going through the steering tube.

i think a better option would be for us to modify the new civic or accord EPS to fit our cars, they look damn close in size, they can be had for around 5-600 with the entire system, and i have been seriously considering doing this in my Maxima/910. we all know the reliability of Honda parts so i would put my money there. and i might do so.....

Well, if you manage to get that worked out, do a nice write up so we can all copy you lol.

Haha yeah something like that...it's the Silver Moss color too. I was going to build a CA18DET for it, until I bought this 'goon. Now I'm just gonna freshen up a KA and swap out the tired one to keep it as a clean daily.

• Like 1

shit that could work too, i would think the fortwo motor would be a little small though, idk, i really wanna play with this idea, as far as i know the one originally posted are the only datsuns running EPS

the best part about EPS is that it cleans up your engine bay soo much.