EVER HEARD OF AN LS!???????

first of all I would like to say I am not ragging on anybody directly, but sometimes you need to vent your frustration about the car world,and that is what this thread is.

Is there an unwritten pact that every garage mechanic has to put an ls1 in a car it didnt come in? i mean really though, the ls1 is a great engine, but in a 240sx? not to mention again and again and again and again, its freaking old, older than rb swaps at this point, way older. last night I saw a BMW LS1, a 240sx LS1, and 2 z's with ls1

is there no creativity left?

iits worse than every honda jackass being like "lets put a k24a2 in it!!!!!"

or evey nissan guy being like "lets put an rb25 in it!!!!!"

cause those used to be the normal overdone swaps you would see, but the LS thing is so much worse.

and dont anyone try that old "same weight better offset, better weight distribution" argument, sorry IT DOESNT WORK. I have ridden in and driven LS1 z's and they do not handle as good as an L6, frankly they handle like fat pigs, why? oh idk, just a guess, but maybe because Nissan designed it that way. maybe the same reason that the 240sx handles horrible with anything but an sr20 in it, that includes the stock KA engine.

so yea, I am fed up with the whole L1 thing, I dont get why people cant just build a nice vintage car without needing 6 liters. i truly dont get it, no REAL racer in these cars did it with 6 liters, so yo ufeel you need 6 liters to drive on the stree?, no? okay to show off? well it doesnt make a show for me.

I also feel that its a japanese car, it doesnt deserve a badly engineered "big american penis" V8 in it. it needs ingenuity and a good driver

for the record I have a buddy who is RAPING corvettes and vipers around the track, guess what hes doing it in? a stock engine 2006 civic si. gutted and caged, but stock engine. thats a 5.7 vs a 2.0 liter, and the 5.7 corvette is only about 400 lbs more than the civic so 4 extra liters should make the difference up, but does it? no. will it ever? one place only, end of the straight away, where they start to catch him.

additionally, theres way WAY better V8 engines out there, toyota and nissan both make beautiful V8's toyota makes awesome v8 engines that have won GT500 racing.

and if you put it in something to go in a straight line, why are you driving a datsun?

sorry if i stepped on any toes.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic