1981.5 4x4 720 King Cab Truck Overhaul

Wrench21

Well i am new to this forum, so heres the truck specs...

I'll update as i go...

Any advice is great as well as part resources! I'll post pics Eventually!! I'll be on here about 2-4 times a Month.

Specs:
1981/1982 Nissan/Datsun 4x4 King Cab (Deluxe). Its been sitting for 15 years...
It has 126,236 miles on it,

What It Needs:
Right now, it needs: floor board repair, turn signal lenses, horn and turn signals don't work, front rotor, some misc. stuff and paint.

Whats Been done:
New Battery + Clamps, Rebuilt carb (waiting for new choke pulloff), rebuilt the head + new spark plugs/rock auto gaskets/valve seals, got a driveline and slip yokes for it, got a new window/headlight/door/etc, i flushed and replaced all oils with Schaeffer Synthetic oils, new fuel filter, greased front end and drivelines (with synthetic), Installed a thread insert in the bad spark plug holes.
I have paperwork that proves it has had (within the last 30,000-40,000 miles) the transmission and alternator rebuilt, has a new exhaust system, and some new wiring or a full new harness, had past brake/wheel bearing work done, etc.

Currently i am going through both front wheels, regreasing the bearings and replacing the seals and a rotor and the brake pads.. i need to find a rotor for a good price. Also installing the rear drivline and slip yokes, and fixing the floor pan and snading stuff and painting. Once i'm dont with that i will ut in the new window and seal, put in new hinges (which i do not know how to do?) and the door. Then tune the sucker and see and it drive and what kind of milage it gets.

Anyone have a source for solid (non vented) front disc rotor for a good price? Also looking for front end rubber boot (balljoints/cv/etc)?

How do you value a vehicle? What do you guys think i could sell this thing for? (i have $1,200 into it plus about 100 hours.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic