Brake Hardware needed for 83' B810 Maxima Wagon

Hello ! I just got my rear axle rebuilt and I still need rear brake shoe hardware ( springs, emergency brake lever, etc ) for the rear drum brakes.. Many have written here about converting their cars' rear brakes from drum to disc, - I am hoping that your leftover parts might fit, - I get working rear e- brakes - you get a cleaner garage and some $ and peace opf mind knowing that a fellow Datsun owner can stop their car....

2012-10-04_15-41-09_893.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a search on eBay for "1983 Maxima rear brakes" and there are several kits with what appear to be all springs for drum rear brakes. Maybe not the springs you need though. Most of the kits are pretty cheap too. I couldn't find any emergency brake lever, although I didn't try very many search terms. It is amazing how many Maxima interior e-brake handles are listed on eBay. The last time I was at Pull n Save, there were a couple of early '80s Maximas, but I have no idea if they had rear drums brakes. I was looking at the front struts and brakes for my 510, but got 280ZX ones instead. If I see them again before they are crushed, I'll look for e-brake levers. I assume you mean the lever which goes through the backing plate and hooks to the brake cable, correct? Need both sides? Did you check at a Nissan dealer? Sometimes they can still get these odd parts from somewhere in their system.

Len

I need parts to fix the e brake lever for both sides now that the rear is rebuilt -( I think rebuilder lost them.... ) anyway - if you find parts out there for this - I will buy them from you as I have no junkyards with this veh. in my area. Thank you for your support on this!! If you find early 80's maximas - I want very much and will pay with pleasure for the following:

Brake parts for rear as mentioned. I basically need all missing hardware - lever - brackets, get the springs, shoe retainers, adjuster, etcetc... anyway - even though I have a spring kit - the originals seemed to fit better than these....

Hubcaps ( spoke rim style for the station wagon )

Datsun hood emblem ( stolen while parked in NYC by some schmuck!!)

oil pressure sender for 6 cyl 2.4

Glovebox door ( probably rare to find in one piece )

it is an 83 with tan interior.

Again - thank you !!

Any info on junked car - ( transmission - wiring harness for fusible link area and alternator - etcetc..)

possibly the hood

I'm not sure I will make it to Pull n Save Sat., but I'm hoping to get there. No way of knowing if they still have any RWD Maximas. Their online inventory shows 2 1984s, but that inventory is not updated very often. Do you know if '84 will work for you on things like the glovebox door and hood ornament, or do they need to be from an '83? You have a tan interior. Was there also a brown interior, or will there only be one color glovebox door that goes with the tan interior?

As to the brakes, it sounds like you want everything except the shoes and cylinders. Correct? Do these need to be from a wagon, or will sedan parts be the same? I'm pretty ignorant on Maximas, although I always wanted one of that era. Any idea how the brake drums are held on? That might help me in knowing what tools to take.

Len

Wife was off work today, so we hit Spokane. 1st stop - Pull n Save (of course). I got all the rear brake bits n pieces, a hood ornament, oil press sender, and a glove box, which may not be the right color. It is two-tone brown - dark brown above and light brown below. I can do a pic if you need one. These came off two cars, with build dates on the doors of 5/83 and 6/83. The hood ornament has a blue trim line in it. I don't know if these came in different colors or not. PM me with your mailing address. Any of this stuff that won't work for you I can return to P&S for refund without any problem.

Len

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner - great on the hood ornament and glovebox!!! send pix - I will send an email addy

also - need tail light lenses for same car - 83' 810 maxima wagon I hope you did not return the parts you found..

Sounds like you got a great pull & save there - hope the stuff is the right stuff - I bought the emerg brake parts already - need a cable for the rear axle though - I will send a pic befopre you go looking - it seems to be a weird unit...

When I didn't hear back from you for so long and it was getting close to the end of the 30 day return period, I did take most of the parts back to P&S. I do still have the hood ornament since I forgot to take it the day I went to Spokane. I hope to get back there this Saturday and will see if the wagon is still there. I suspect it has been crushed, but maybe not. I don't remember how the tail light lenses looked, or if they were even still there. Do you want nice lenses without any cracks, or are your lenses completely shot and you need anything? Are there any metal trim pieces around the lenses and do you need those?

If you can email me a pic or post one here of your dash, it will help in searching for the right color glove box lid. I doubt very much the one I returned is still there (returned parts are thrown in a pile, not put back with the original car), so I'll need to look for another one.

Len

The interior the tan color - the glovebox has a black band of plastic and tan under -

sounds like all the other parts you got are correct - hope you can find em'

I could use a driver side door side view mirror - they get banged up in the city.. :-(

Finally - hubcaps like these :

http://thenovelsound.org/83-Ratsun/DSCN0563.JPG

I need at least 3. NYC is tough on hubcaps too..

Let me know what you come up with - maybe I can make one big order.. ;-p

Question - where is the oil pressure sensor even located on the engine? And - can the wire color/colors be identified?

Further - do you have a repair manual? I guess I could loo k on Ebay, etc.. but if anyone here has one for sale I would rather support the Ratsun community. So far - Ratsun.net has been a great help!!

I'm pretty sure the oil pressure sensor is down on the passenger side of the engine block next to the oil filter. It just screws into the side of the block. The wire for the gauge plugs onto the end of the sensor. If you are having gauge problems, I'd check there first to be sure the wire is plugged in well.

Someone on here may have a manual, but probably searching eBay is what you will need to do. Search for the Factory Service Manual (not Owner's Manual) for your year and model. Don't get ripped off with some $40 Buy It Now. I suspect you can find an auction one for around $10, plus postage. The factory manuals are great. Way more info than Chilton or Haynes. And the FSM has lots of big, easy to read wiring diagrams.

Len

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.