Just got a 1980 Datsun 210!

rbastedo

There was a "Garage Sale" listing on craigslist and it was close to my work so I took a look.

What I found was a brown 1980 210 sedan that seems to have been kept in almost a museum.

It has all 4 "D" hub caps.

The only modification I could find was the addition of a new stereo.

It seems to have everything and it's all in such good condition I just couldn't quite believe it.

The battery was dead and there is a crack in the windshield - that's all the bad I can say about the car.

Oil and coolant looked good so we jumped it to start and I went out on a test drive.

Through the 5 gears smooth as could be, it felt like the car hadn't actually been through the last 32 years but instead passed through a wormhole around 1985 and ended up right there at this guys garage sale.

No rust. Interior good. Weather stripping good. Dash good. Gauges work. Brakes good. Engine peppy.

No weird noises from anywhere.

He actually said "so is $500 ok?".

Sure I said, that will be fine.

Ok, it's a little dirty but some soap and water and a bit of wax.

Reason for posting in "Engine": so besides changing the fluids are there any recommendations when getting one of these? General tune up I suppose, maybe put some seafoam in the fuel and replace the gear oil in the trans & diff. There's no smoke in the exhaust and the temp goes to normal and stays put. I suppose a nice see through fuel filter in line before the carb would be nice just to make sure nothing bad is coming up from the tank.

Love the License number...

datto1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic