McPherson College C.A.R.S Club Car Show

TunerTimD

McPherson college's automotive restroration department is hosting a show at the school on May 4th, 2013. i'm am a graduating senior and one of the few japanese car guys in the program, before i leave i would very much like to see a good import showing for the show. please help me out. the show is in central kansas but open to anyone that wants to come. for more information go to ww.mcpherson.edu or message me.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a graduate myself, I looked at the www.mcpherson.edu website, and as expected, they haven't posted the C.A.R.S show info on the events calendar yet. Here is a better link with a bit more information: http://www.mcpherson...restoration.php

For anyone interested, the show is held on the lawn of the campus surrounded by the educational buildings. It is a nice setting with a spattering of trees for ambiance and shade. There are also tours of the Auto Restoration facility. The program offers a Four Year Bachelors of Science Degree in Automotive Restoration combined with a minor in areas such as business, history, technology, and a couple others. The students are taught History of the Automobile, Engine Rebuilding, Suspension and Drivetrain, Chassis, Paint and Body, Metal Fab, Machining, Upholstery, Polishing, Pin striping and so much more. There are also one week Institute Workshops in June for those of us who want to hone up on some specific skills, or learn new skills without attending a full blown semester of school. I encourage anyone interested in Automotive Restoration to check out the programs at the school. For those of you "past your College Prime" I myself am 31 years old and graduated three years ago. One of the professors there, is in his 60's and graduated the program around 2007. There are many non-traditional students that attend and have graduated the program. This is the only accredited Four year program in the country so far.

yes it's real early notice for a show, but the president of the of the club is trying to have this be the biggest show in the colleges history. i'm just trying to do my part to help and show that the import community has a large classic movement. so far there are only 2 datsuns that are going to be there a '72 240z and my '74 260z and that's not enough.