Issues starting my 77 280z

ISPKI

Hey Guys,

I got my 77 280z temp registered and got the vin verification done. It has been running really well since I replaced some of the vacuum and fuel lines a week ago. I just drove it to the end of my road to get the mail and when I got back inside to drive home, it wouldnt start. It turns over and it feels like it is on the verge of starting but it wont go. I gave it a little bit of gas and i started up barely, but it died after a few seconds. Also - When I do get it to start by pressing the gas pedal, it wont go over 2500RPM, no matter how much gas I give it. It feels like it hits a rev limiter or something is choking it out.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear you are having car trouble. Inside the factory service manual there is a troubleshooting guide. It takes you step by step through basic checks for the symptoms you are describing. Unfortunately we cant tell you whats wrong with your car in the forum. We arent there to run tests, and get information that we need to come to a diagnosis. The answer is to be found at your car. A free copy of the FSM for your car can be found at http://www.xenons130.com in the reference section. You will need tools such as a multimeter, fuel pressure gauge, and regular hand tools. Diagnosing the problem/s and repairing the faults is always best. Dont shotgun a bunch of parts at it, it will cost a fortune. All we can do from the forum is guess, and that can be expensive and time wasting. So you can see the manual is your best shot. If you are unable to repair your car, ask around for a mechanic in your area with experience working on classic Z cars. Hope you figure it out.