Automatic transmission and I need a body lift...Help

MF720

I have a 80 720 king cab with an AT. Well after this winter I got tired of scraping and having my front valance be a snow plow and decided to return it to original height. Well stock looked nice so then of course I wanted it bigger. Now I have 32's, my torsions run up all the way, 1.5" add a leafs, lift shackles, and 2" ball joint spacers. So I need to do a body lift because I still rub every web site that sells them states they are for manual only what is the reason for this? What do I need to do or make to get around this? Also will re indexing my torsions get rid of my camber? I would add a pic but I am a dumbass and cannot find the attach button.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, first off 2" ball joint spacers?? Wholy-moly... There is a thread on here about ball joint spacers. Check it out. It will give you some insight on how much of the camber you can correct. I ran 1.5" spacers and barely could compensate by cranking the t-bars...

Second. The pictures thing is a bit difficult. You can't just attach a photo. Have to have a photobucket account. Then you copy and paste links for the photos from there,into your comment. I made my home made body lift. Made it out of pressure treated 4x4. The only things I did was add a puck between the steering wheel extension, custom raised my gas tank, and custom made tunnel cover for my shifter. Its a manual though... So my thought is that it has something to do with your transmission shifter linkage. I run 33's with no rubbing. But mine is a little bit more then stock... Build thread is in my signature if ya wanna see the body lift and spacers.