...What the hell is the deal with my TPS?

It gets fouled, like, constantly.

It seems like this is a trouble-free component for most people, and it's never given an issue on our Z31, yet somehow, at least once a month for me, my car will start either dying/not idling, or hesitating and bucking at open throttle.

Logically, it's the idle and/or full throttle contacts not making a connection. So I take my can of contact cleaner (that I take EVERYWHERE because this issue only seems to come up when it can embarrass me, like when someone's riding in my car), and spray the hell out of the connections.

My car is then fine, for another month or so. Or, for another week or so, in the case of more recently.

It fouls more in worse weather, so that's probably it lately. I've got the plastic cover in place. I've taped it shut to get rid of passages for dirt, but that's futile, because it just makes it harder to remove later, and helps nothing.

So what the FUCK is going on? Does anyone else have a TPS as troublesome as mine? Maybe I'll just get a new one and figure that this one is corrosion/dirt prone.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic