1200 A14 engine swap....direct bolt in engine mounts

kinetisist

Well i am making the plunge into putting a bigger engine into my 1200.

I got a good core engine and I am putting new seals and rings and bearings into it just to freshen it up

I decided to figure out a way to develop a direct bolt in mounting kit...

The main problem I have run into is that the mechanical fuel pump is in the way so I am going to run a electric fuel pump to solve that problem.

Then next is the same side mounting is wierd...There are only 2 mounting posts and the block of plate for the fuel pump gets in the way so I think I am going to make a plate the blocks off the fuel pump port and is part of the mounting plate ,, we will see if this works...

will get pics up of the process this week

Anyone interested in a pair if this works????

Think about it...no mods at all just bolt on the mounts and drop that new A14 in and go:)

ANY thoughts????

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you are talking about ..but that hangs the mount off the supporting surface of the cross member .. I am building a mount the gives the mount support underneith it ... thank for giving me a diffferent idea though ... I am going to make a brace for the offset side that has the fuel pump so one has the option to run the stock pump .. taking pictures tonight and in the morning and will post to photobucket