The Probably Boring Tale of Dean's DD ZX

unhh

Oictures first! (I assume that's how one would use the full form of oics, anyway.)

fVg3zh.jpg

Key and nifty keychain I bought on the internets.

YU7q9h.jpg

Baby's First Replacement Part (Noticed the crack when I was paying for the car, went home and ordered the part. A few days later, the car and the part showed up.)

I won't bore you with descriptions of these, but note the hail damage and sagging air dam.

806Agh.jpg

baKRlh.jpg

3XtY3h.jpg

EsETEh.jpg

HXKvph.jpg

(And the godawful wheels.)

U0K1eh.jpg

The foam piece from under the hatch had shrunk by about 4 inches. It's currently in my garage in case I need it for reference if I build a replacement.

PnWmMh.jpg

Headliner's falling off. I haven't yet decided if I want to remove or replace it. Either way, the current one has to go.

pYd29h.jpg

Whoever decided making EVERYTHING wine red was a good idea needs to be taken out back and shot. Also, what the hell did they make the steering column out of? It looks like freaking floral foam, and it's certainly falling apart well enough to be.

bawtFh.jpg

A previous owner seems to have spraypainted the inside of the sunroof white. Might be in the market for a replacement at some point, but it's not a priority. I also might be able to scrape it (Assuming, of course, it is paint and not supposed to be that way. I can't imagine that's the way it's meant to be.)

HCwZsh.jpg

7mWouh.jpg

Engine pictures.

Odo has just under 40K, though considering the state of the interior I have a feeling it might be rolled over.

It's originally a Texas car (even had Texas plates when I bought it from a guy upstate.) Very little rust that I can find.

Apart from the hail damage and the interior, it seems to be a solid car. I would've had to redo the interior anyway to keep my eyes from bleeding, so no loss there. I just have to figure out if it's cheaper to have the hail damage fixed or to source new body panels, since it needs new paint anyway.

Things I intend to do:

Redo the whole interior in grey/black. I'll paint what I can and replace what's broken, though if the current pattern continues, everything will snap at a moment's notice when I try to take it out, so I'll end up replacing everything. I'll redo the sound system while I'm at that. Might go for a digital dash.

Once I take care of the hail damage, it still needs a new air dam. I want to change up the exhaust (Current one is way too loud, and I prefer dual straight tips.) I intend to black out the trim and get new, all black wheels. (Maybe with a red rim.) Headlight covers and a small wing are also in the cards.

Mechanically, it seems sound to me and I'm no mechanic so I don't know what to look for. I'm going to have a mechanic take a look at it soon, so I can keep in mind what to replace/upgrade and have him fix anything I don't feel comfortable doing myself.

I do want to drop it a bit, probably between an inch and two inches. I'm no fan of the whole hellaflush thing, but my Zed does sit a little too high for my taste right now. There's just too much space above the wheels.

Here's an imgur album, mostly with the same pictures (but a few more.)

Thoughts? Warnings? Anyone else on here from the Chicago area, or the Midwest at all? Anyone have interior parts they'd be willing to sell?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It came with headers so thats a little cool, and some seats from another car....that's a little strange.

You also have the shitty PS, with the giant box, not cool, and the PO tard decided to put a black dash cover on, really not cool.

Last thing, your zx has a sun roof......I've never seen that. ,,,,its not normal. Does it leak?

Also all the regular questions, is there rust? and how much you score it for?

It came with headers so thats a little cool, and some seats from another car....that's a little strange.

I had a feeling those seats weren't original, haha. I hoped to replace them sooner or later either way; knowing they're not original makes the decision that much easier.

You also have the shitty PS, with the giant box, not cool, and the PO tard decided to put a black dash cover on, really not cool.

Are there specific advantages to what I assume is the non-shitty PS without the big box, or is it just the fact that it has a big box?

Like I said, I plan to re-do much of the interior, so the dash cover is pretty much moot.

Last thing, your zx has a sun roof......I've never seen that. ,,,,its not normal. Does it leak?

Wow, I had no idea it wasn't stock. It's a good install, then, and it seems solid. Something leaked into the hatch the day after I got it, but I think that's just bad weatherstripping around the hatch itself. Haven't tracked the source down precisely, and I cleared room for it in the garage right after that happened, so it hasn't leaked again.

Also all the regular questions, is there rust? and how much you score it for?

No significant rust that I found. A little in the bottom of the spare tire well. Minor surface rust inside the bumpers and under the few places the paint cracked from the hail damage. Got it for 3 grand. Would've tried to talk it down, but I felt it was fair enough and I liked the guy. I'm a terrible negotiator. laugh.gif