Remove e-brake cables from rear cross member

djlotus

I've all but finished the Big Boy Brakes upgrade on my 510. I don't know why but when I was explaining what I was doing to the car to my friends and girlfriend I referred to the 280zx brake upgrade as such. Got the fronts on and the rears on. Stops real nice like. I think I need to do a little more bleeding and then I'll be ready to hit the open road.

In any event. I'm at the point where I'm doing the e-brake/parking brake cables, getting them routed and whatnot. All I need to do is mount the handbrake and drill some holes and connect the handbrake to the cables in the rear (I really wish I could just get straight to the point). So now that all that stuff is on/in the car the stock e-brake cables are just hanging out on the rear cross member. I've removed the retaining clips that hold them in on the cross member side. I didn't see anything like that on the swing arm. Is there a trick to getting the e-brake cables out without destroying them? Worst case scenario I just cut them out because I can't have them dragging on the ground when I'm driving but I'd really like to remove them intact.

TL;DR version:

How the heck do I get the e-brake cables off of the rear cross member/swing arm without destroying them?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic