WTB parts for a 1977 620 - NEED shift boot

So I got the truck. If you'd like to see it, check out my build thread in my signature. :D

Anyways, here's the current list of stuff I need to have asap:

Shift boot is totally disintegrated, so that's a priority.

Original tachometer would be nice. If I can't find one I'll probably just slap a Sunpro in there somewhere.

I am currently investigating the speedometer issue. I plan to pull the cable out tomorrow and investigate the gear.

I may just be getting a disc brake kit for it to remedy the stopping issue.

I think that is it for now. I can pay with Paypal, or we can work another method of payment out. If you know any places with these parts, I'd be glad to hear it.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and loose steering is probably not the kingpin bushings. My money would be on wear in the steering box. Try turning in the lash adjuster on the steering box and see if that helps. Then check the center and end link ball joints and look for play in the idler arm. The kingpin bushings are really the last place I would check, since kingpin geometry is perpendicular to the axis of the steering linkage. They would have to be extremely worn to create the same steering play that a small amount of wear in other steering components would cause.

Just my two cents.

Hey guys, just got around to checking this thread. I ended up getting the truck on Saturday. During this week I'll be verifying certain things to make sure I actually need the parts and such.

KC - I'll send you a PM in a minute.

Icoblue - I did in fact adjust the steering box before seeing your message. I put the front end on jack stands and checked to see where all the play really was. After about 10 minutes of messing around, I got the steering box tightened up and everything seems good. It doesn't get stuck or catch anywhere, so I don't think there was too much wear. One tie rod end was definitely toasted though. I'll PM you.

Also, I'm updating the first post with some things I know I'll need.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.