KA24E swap no fuel or spark

Nathyne

Okay so having issues with my datsun 720 KA24E swap here is what I have done so far:

roasted one ecu and wiring harness (fuel pump was running when truck was off and all sorts of weird stuff)

Replaced ecu and harness wired it the same and fuel pump runs as it should now (on for a bit until pressure is built)

Engine cranks

no fuel

no spark

i did put in a high pressure pump of course since ditching the carbed engine

ecu is throwing codes 11 (CAS) and 41 (intake temp sensor wasn't installed i hooked it back up)

checked grounds at distributer (forgot that one oops!), coil pack, and pretty much any grounds that I added. I grounded the engine, and the relays as required think of any that i missed? Here is the schematic i followed.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/537-h ... 4b13e893d2

There are several wires that pass through the ecu connector and are not hooked up to any pins not too sure what these are for were not in the schematic to be used so i just capped them.

Also do I need to do anything with the neutral/clutch switch (pin 35) to make it start?

What do you think I should try next? any opinions are appreciated this is my first project like this so even if it's stupid simple still suggest it!

Thanks

Nathyne

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am pretty much out of ideas now.

Checked my wiring realized I didn't connect my cas and other sensors back to the relay just connected the pins did that still not starting

CAS code 11 is still there

voltage at connection a and continuity to ground at d

Coil pack is slightly out of spec 1.2 Ohms (should be .8-1.0) and 9995 Ohms (should be 10000) would this cause a no spark situation?

Don't have a friend near by to test if there is spark directly at the coil is there a way to check the voltages from the connector?

Even added a manual switch for the clutch/neutral switch hoping that would work but nope.

running out of ideas I need this truck running by Friday or else I need to buy a temp winter beater so any opinions would be great!

I now have spark and pulses at the injectors. Still wont start the suspect is fuel pressure now. I am thinking possibly a clogged fuel line/bad fuel (the tank was full when i bought the truck no idea how old it is might just mount a fuel cell in the bed we will see). Would really stale gas cause the engine not to start? worried it may have clogged injectors and such I'll test the fuel pressure tomorrow ran out of daylight