Need 521 Lower Control Arm

I am looking for a lower control arm for a Datsun 521. I specifically need the Passenger side control arm.

In addition, I would require the fulcrum pin and nuts that go along with it. Preferably the orientation they were installed in, but I can figure it out.

Thanks!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking for a lower control arm for a Datsun 521. I specifically need the Passenger side control arm.

In addition, I would require the fulcrum pin and nuts that go along with it. Preferably the orientation they were installed in, but I can figure it out.

Thanks!

I know we all want our stuff twice as fast, and half as much~ but how soon do you need this stuff?

I know we all want our stuff twice as fast, and half as much~ but how soon do you need this stuff?

To be honest I am in no hurry. The fulcrum nuts on that side do not torque into the arms all the way. The inner threads of the control arm are stripped. They are JB welded in place now. I need a serious break from doing any control arm work.

But if I can get a set, with the matching fulcrum pin and nuts, I would be willing to wait a couple of months.

FYI the fulcrum kit is still available from dealer

54502-20525 list $78.95

Just curious, have you ever put in a new fulrum pin and nuts into an existing contrl arm? I am not sure if you already read my experience, but I mixed the pins and nuts together. I spent hours trying to figure it out. MKlotz told me that I simply need to find the correct combination (as in the original orientation) before the spindle support will rotate freely in the lower control arm. I would find it hard to believe a new kit would have this problem, but at this point I would be scared buying new stuff. Maybe there is another trick to getting this stuff to work correctly.

Thanks

FYI the fulcrum kit is still available from dealer

54502-20525 list $78.95

What exactly comes in the kit? Just the pin? Or it does it come with the two bushing/nuts that screw into the control arms?

To be honest I am in no hurry. The fulcrum nuts on that side do not torque into the arms all the way. The inner threads of the control arm are stripped. They are JB welded in place now. I need a serious break from doing any control arm work.

But if I can get a set, with the matching fulcrum pin and nuts, I would be willing to wait a couple of months.

I'm converting mine to 4x4~ but can offer no assurance as to whether it'll be in 8 weeks, or 8 months. It'll depend entirely on when I've got back-up wheels...

I'm converting mine to 4x4~ but can offer no assurance as to whether it'll be in 8 weeks, or 8 months. It'll depend entirely on when I've got back-up wheels...

Yep just let me know. If it ends up being 8 mos, and it becomes more critical to replace it I might jump on what I can get. Either way, thank you for the offer. Just let me know.

Yep just let me know. If it ends up being 8 mos, and it becomes more critical to replace it I might jump on what I can get. Either way, thank you for the offer. Just let me know.

Should have what you need removed and ready in the next couple weeks....

Scott

I have a complete rolling chassis to a 1970 521 in my driveway right now. I just tore my truck down last week and I'll be using the body only. My cell number is 626-755-6764. Answering the phone at work is difficult, but you can text me as well. I'm in Pomona, CA.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.