Help with Weber 32/36 DGAV

So I'm finishing up rebuilding this carb and I'm not sure the action is as smooth or where it should be since I don't really have anything to compare it to since I removed the spring loaded choke assembly. I marked the alignment before removing it, but I'm not sure its at the right tension. Seems now the majority of the action doesn't move the butterfly at all, and the portion that does takes a fair amount of effort. I took a video to try and show how its working currently. Sorry video is rotated, phone wouldn't let me rotate before uploading. It shouldn't really matter, you can still see what you need to see I hope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp-KJ0tCHAM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thanks

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the new carb in, but had a few questions on some of these vacuum lines. I've looked in several other carb posts as well as some others around the internet and I haven't really been able to find anything consistent.

XRWX9.jpg

1. I've seen this simply left, or with a little filter on it.

2. I understand this is the water choke so obviously it needs to be hooked up to some coolant lines but not sure which ones.

3. I've seen this plugged or hooked up to the vacuum line coming from the distributor.

I guess I'll be removing that hard fuel line since my fuel inlet is on the right side now (although I've seen pictures where other peoples are still on the left side of the carb fuel filter).

kLPUL.jpg

Not sure where these should go, they were connected to the old air intake filter housing.

yGPcF.jpg

Lastly, the throttle cable is at a fairly extreme angle. I'm assuming this is common since the point where the cable is attached to the throttle assembly on the carb was a bit torqued in this exact fashion. Is there maybe a longer bracket that I can install so it actually lines up a bit better?