WTB L18 EFI Manifold

Looking for a JDM L18 manifold, preferably unported and modified.

Will consider other things like cut down manifolds and homemade ones. Want to add fuel injection to a bone stock or slightly modified L16 sometime in the future.

Thanks!

EDIT: If you have an EFI manifold for a Datsun L-Series, let me know. Will consider anything.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if I find a source I will let you know. Back in the day, I bought a custom one from Jeff at Team Thump. It was sick! I was broke so I sold it. Stupid.

I contacted him again, but he said he doesn't really have time to do it anymore. I would pay him in a heartbeat to build one again.

I think it was $500 for a log-style manifold complete with a fuel rail. He even threw in injectors, a throttle body and some other parts. It was ready to rip. I just needed to add a couple of sensors, ECU, etc.

in case you don't already know ... some guys are sawing 2 cyls off the non-egr l6 efi intakes to make them work

Yep saw those. My only thought is that if I spend that much time modifying a L6 manifold, I could have just build one out of tubing completely from scratch. But this may be wrong.

The cost to make a manifold that would work as well as the modified L6 type would cost a pretty penny. The intake runners already have very well engineered taper and length and also the resultant plenum works out very very well. I did one years ago that came out quite nice and looked great after polishing. I believe the guy used the stock Z throttle body and injectors with a Haltech system.

Steve

It is very nice stuff and works well but is better suited for full on race applications. It is IR and is not ideal for the street. A system with a plenum after the TB and shared by all runners is best for daily driving.

Steve

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.