Norcal and Bay Area HybridZ BBQ 2010!!!

Gollum

I just got done posting all this on the calender event, so it's mostly just copy/pasted. I hope all of you in the area can come! Going to be a great event.

This is the 3rd annual Bay Area/Norcal HybridZ BBQ I've run. This has been a great event in years past with a quality showing of some of the finest points hybridZ has to offer. I look to make each year better and better, and keep the tight community feeling hybridZ exudes. You can bring any type of car, for any purpose. All cars will be accepted, it's more of the driver character we're picky about inviting. And you ratsun people will fit right in. If you're a fabricator, artist, or like to do unusual things you'll be at home. All we ask is that you're either dedicated to the car hobby, or willing to learn and offer what you've learned as well. You can pretty much consider the rules of hybridZ to apply for this public event.

Location: Kennedy Grove Regional Recreation Area: 6531 San Pablo Dam Road El Sobrante, CA 94803

This is an easy to get to location that's still "bay area" while still allowing as many people from the SAC area to show up. Past two years we've had people from BAKERSFIELD!!! I'd like to see more norcal guys show, so if you're a south bay person, please consider it an honor to have it in the bay still.

Food: All you can eat hotdogs for $5!!!!

These will be the costco all beef or polish sausage variety. Bring your own drinks if possible. There should be enough ice chests with ice to share. We're all family here! :-D

Special Events: This still isn't a big enough event for me to turn it into a show of any kind with awards, but I am dedicated this year to finally pull of a recreational drive afterwards. Last two years I've talked about it but it never happened. This year I'll be packing up and ready to leave around 4pm to go on a drive through bear creek and wild cat canyon, which leads out to highway 24, from which people can head east or west, and then north or south depending on where they're from or going after the BBQ. Total drive time is around 15 minutes. Will add about 30 minutes round trip to the average drive back home.

Again, please bring whoever you want. My wife will be there, and other people's sisters and girlfriends come, so think of this as a "family safe" environment. There will most likely be some beer, and maybe some crass language, we're still car guys. But please, bring anyone and everyone that you think might enjoy some time in the sun enjoying cool cars and cool owners.

!!!Disclaimer~READ THIS!!! There will be very little tolerance for PDS ~ Public display of stupidity. No burn outs, no donuts, no going double the posted speed limit, no racing around the parking lot. I'll even go as far as to say no excessive revving. Some is ok, even encouraged, but if you're disturbing the entire parks events and conversation then we've got issues. This park likes us, and I intend to keep it that way.

Oh, and I almost forgot, you can view the hybridZ thread here, which also has some pictures from last year's meet.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/93737-norcal-bay-area-hybridz-bbq-2010/

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic