VG30 timing isue

SRSANDS

Hey guys,

I got my car running awhile back but yet to get the glass in it to drive on the roads. Anyways, I need a few questions answered if anyone knows. First off the crank pulley has I think six marks on it.....could anyone tell me on a 1990 vg30 out of a pathfinder which mark is tdc? Ive heard two different things....first I heard starts at -5 then tdc and so on, then I read the farthest left is TDC. I dont have the haynes for this truck so if anyone can look it up and let me know I appreciate it. Secondly, I timed it to 15 btdc and when the motor hasnt got hot it runs smooth and seems to have alot of power, after it reaches hot I held a light to it and it drops to the last mark to the left which I believe is tdc. I know it should be timed at hot but I have no more adjustmet after it gets hot and sets to the left mark to move it to 15 btdc......please help. I tried movong the dizz one tooth to the left and to the right to make more adjustment and it wont even fire eathier dirrection so I know I have it in the right spot......

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic