Truck 5speed into my 510 goon

NismoTy

hey guys i found a l20b motor attached to a 5speed out of a 77 620 and im gonna pick it up and drop it in. my 72 510 goon is all stock with a l16 thats bad and a 4speed. i know i need to get the driveline shortened and balanced, and i was wondering what other mods will be done. i know the oil pan and sump needs to be switched from the l16 also, do i need to get a custom x-member for the tranny? thanks in advance!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys i found a l20b motor attached to a 5speed out of a 77 620 and im gonna pick it up and drop it in. my 72 510 goon is all stock with a l16 thats bad and a 4speed. i know i need to get the driveline shortened and balanced, and i was wondering what other mods will be done. i know the oil pan and sump needs to be switched from the l16 also, do i need to get a custom x-member for the tranny? thanks in advance!

you're gonna need to drop the tranny crossmember roughly 2 inches on both sides, i believe you might also have to drill a couple holes cause tranny mount sits further back dont remember for sure. you wont be able to use a stock aircleaner because l20b is 3/4 inch taller and it will hit hodd. thats all i can remember for now. if im wrong some one post corrections. good luck