Toyota front suspension on a 521

samurino

Has anyone put a yota front end under a 521? A friend of mine needed the motor from a 88 Toyota truck so I took the rest. The bolt pattern would give me more wheel options but is it worth it? After a couple of years sitting in the shop rudemood(my 521) is finally getting work done stripped it down to the frame and the motor/trans is out. Looking for some input and info.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kamakazi620

Im pretty sure TwistedMinis did it but im not sure what year the front clip was from. IIRC it wasn't as wide as the 521 frame.

That means WIDE negative offset WHEELS!!!!!!!!

Yes, anytime you can throw a Toyota front clip under a minitruck it's worth it, especially if you are going to bag it. There is a ton of parts for them also. It will have to be narrowed, and yes Seth @ twistedminis.com did do this on a customer's Datsun. Ford Ranger guys do it all of the time to their I-beam trucks. I'm doing it for my '77 620 with a clip from a 1992.

Yes, anytime you can throw a Toyota front clip under a minitruck it's worth it, especially if you are going to bag it. There is a ton of parts for them also. It will have to be narrowed, and yes Seth @ twistedminis.com did do this on a customer's Datsun. Ford Ranger guys do it all of the time to their I-beam trucks. I'm doing it for my '77 620 with a clip from a 1992.

Is there a thread of this build from Seth or of yours kaoss? Got the clip today and heard of a great buy on a Subaru IRS I go and look at this Saturday. If I like it I can get it for 50 bucks!!! Really wanted a jag IRS but for this price I don't think I can go wrong.

So I went and picked up my rear end today... not happy at all. Got to the guys house and realized it was a toyota IRS, I was thinking good maybe the same bolt pattern to match the front, tried to turn the drive shaft...nothin. I convinced myself that the brake pads were seized to the rotors with no tools around I paid the man and and headed back home. Finally got it out of the truck with help from a front end loader, this thing seems heavier than my whole truck, and disassembled the calipers, still stuck!!! This f•cking sucks!!! I don't know what to do now should I try to fix this one or scrap it and go on another hunt?

So I went and picked up my rear end today... not happy at all. Got to the guys house and realized it was a toyota IRS, I was thinking good maybe the same bolt pattern to match the front, tried to turn the drive shaft...nothin. I convinced myself that the brake pads were seized to the rotors with no tools around I paid the man and and headed back home. Finally got it out of the truck with help from a front end loader, this thing seems heavier than my whole truck, and disassembled the calipers, still stuck!!! This f•cking sucks!!! I don't know what to do now should I try to fix this one or scrap it and go on another hunt?

Checked into the problem further and got it fixed. Seem that the rotors had rusted to the dust shields but can anyone tell me what car it's out of?