78 B210 Power train

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a 78 B210 gx a14 (this engine is complete; carb, ex mani, alt, elec dist, etc...) with matching 5spd and driveline.
This a great combo -- if it is stock, it is the high-fuel economy (50 MPG) low-RPM A14 with matching low-RPM overdrive transmission. It is single carb (as all B210 GX models are) and the electronic ignition is the external module type with a good advance curve.

What you want is a picture of the underhood factory build plate. If it is the 65HP A14, that's the 50MPG package. If it is 80HP A14, that's the regular (non-5-speed) version.

I would prefer to sell it as a set, It is out of the car and I no longer have the hood. But, it does have an external box on the electronic distributor. Is there any numbers on the block or tranny to indicate which model it may be? I will try and post pictures tommorow

There was only one 5-speed used in B-210: the FS5W63A. Just confirm the transmission has "63" cast into it somewhere.

The engine has no special markings, but if you get a good photo of where the head bolts to the intake manifold we might be able to tell which engine it is.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.