Misc. Parts Needed

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in Austin, Texas. I was planning on taking the cross memberoff anyway to paint the engine bay. I would rather have a spare just in case which I have learned from racing my 76 Z on the track. I am willing to pay shipping for what I am looking for. Unfortunately the dimes are very hard to find in pick and pulls in Texas. Hell you can hardly find first gen z's anymore.

i got a bare A87, just head and towers. open chambered, been milled a bit. ill take 50+ shipping on this one.

i also got an A87 that hasn't been touched but isnt in perfecto condition. ill take 125+shipping on this one. it has cam, towers, springs, retainers, pads, everything.

also, i live fairly close so shipping would be minimal.

i also have some manifolds in and exhaust. ill get you some pictures of those.

thanks,

madison

That's sweet. Is the A87 head the one that came with the L20B....sorry for my lack of knowledge. I dropped the head at the machine shop today so if it is bad I will take the $125.00 head. Do you have a header or just the stock manifold?

Thanks,

Rob

Thanks for the info mattwood. The exhaust manifold you have is it non smog. Also I found a guy on the net that makes a header and I was wondering if there are other sources. I would much rather deal with a crew you guy's have used before.

the manifold i have for sale is the smog one, unfortunately. I don't know of anyone that makes a quality header anymore. I much prefer the non-smog manifold to any header.

O.K. I guess that would mean blocking off all the smog ports on the manifold. I would like to put a turbo on the car eventually because I am trying to see if I can lop the ends off of a 280 z intake manifold and put fuel injection on after I get it running with a carb set up. I was told by a guy who raced the dimes in the seventies that 3 to 4 lbs of boost is reliable and safe.

I was under the assumption that the stock manifold would be more constrictive but if you are saying the quality is not out there anymore it might be time for me to think about making my own. Also what carb do you recommend for the stock replacement? Sorry for all the questions but I have been working every night and sourcing by day. Ordered a Nissan windshield gasket and the rear gasket from Japan yesterday!

i prefer sidedraft mikunis. webers are good as well. depending on the size of your cam, you may need more or less of a carb. 40's are typical, 44s are large, and 50s are race carbs.

Great help Matt. Will the side drafts mate to the stock intake manifold. If so what is the part number if you have it? I just got my new tower today for home so I will post some pics tonight of my mess!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.