Electrical Gremlins

79D50

When I bought this truck everything worked due to the previous owner replacing the all the wiring and fitting in a new fuse box etc. Here's the issue I can't track down. The interior dome light works when it wants to. I checked the door switch - good. I checked the wiring behind the light - good. So what else could it be?

Also, my turn signals/hazards work great. Thing is the green arrows on the dash sometimes light up and sometimes don't. Sometimes the lever clicks back on it's own and sometimes not. The relay is good. I imagine the turn signal switch itself under the cover is bad? It looks to be ok..

Same goes for the little light under the hood. Switch is good. Sometime turns on and sometimes doesn't.

Thoughts?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its probably the switch on the light itself, the little brass connector/contacts inside the light could be gummed up. Pull the cover off, look at the switch mechanism and make sure its all clean and making full contact. You can very gently bend the contacts to make it get a better connection but try cleaning it first.

Same deal for your turn signal switch... except the cancellation bit, If youve got an aftermarket wheel, your cancellation pins/adapter may be clocked wrong, even if the wheel looks straight. If its the stock wheel... I dunno... I always swap them out so I fit.