Electrical Fuel Pump power problem

Gryphon

ok so here is my situation...

I have a 1982 720 4x4 King Cab with a Z24 engine put in it.

last week my negative battery cable came loose and was bouncing on the negative battery terminal arcing.. when this occured it managed to short out or fry some of the electrical system.. particularly my electric fuel pump. also my tachometer goes straight to 4k when i turn on the ignition.

ive replaced the fuel pump mounted on the chassis. ive replaced the autochoke relay on the right side wall interior under the glove box. i get power to everywhere except the fuel pump. when i turn on/off the ignition i can hear the autochoke relay click on and off. all my lights work and it wants to turn over..

when i put some fuel in the carburetor it even starts till the fuel is used up.. im just not getting any power to the fuel pump.

Does ANYONE have the full wiring diagram or have a link to where i can find the diagram, because im just not having any luck with locating it.. i have a chilton manual but the electrical section doesnt show an electric fuel pump in its diagram for anything 1981-1984. also i dont have the haynes manual. and cant afford to buy it til next week.

if anyone can help plz direct me to where i need to look.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic