Smooth frame updates!!!

Smiley720

O.K. it was a busy weekend in the garage and got alot done but nothin quite finished. I did get a ton of candy as I took a couple hours off and went trick or treating with the kiddies.

100_2544.jpgUltra smooth pumkin

100_2549.jpgRising Sun

100_2561.jpgLower bar tabs installed

Edited by Smiley720
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man...I love the progress! use the good days we are supposed to be having to your advantage! I am going up to the mountains for a few days, but when I get back, lets hook up about those 17s...I would love to see them on there.

Lookin good!:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

reverse links cause horrible handling and braking characteristics. With the upper links so short, it will cause your pinion angle to go way outta wack with the leverege setup of you bag placement. You will NEVER EVER hear anything about a reverse 4 link setup in any type of print suspension books. The reverse 4 link is only used by minitruckers that are to lazy to move the gas tank and use a proper 4 link setup. I would highly recommend that you move your tank, and setup a proper 4 link.

Rear end looks nice!

True...I think that "lazy" may be a bit strong...but totally true none the less.

They say that no matter what you do..do it right the first time. This might be the time to do it right man.........I know it might suck for you right now, but it sounds like there is some good advice comin your way...:rolleyes:

Airedout knows what he is talking about...you can tell by looking at his builds...might be the best bad news you ever got!:cool:

True...I think that "lazy" may be a bit strong...but totally true none the less.

They say that no matter what you do..do it right the first time. This might be the time to do it right man.........I know it might suck for you right now, but it sounds like there is some good advice comin your way...:rolleyes:

Airedout knows what he is talking about...you can tell by looking at his builds...might be the best bad news you ever got!:cool:

Lazy is deff not a strong term. It is so simple to move the tank, there is no "oh, i think it looks cool", reverse links dont look cool, they look wrong, and they act wrong. It comes down to pure ignorance about how a suspension works. Reverse a "well designed" suspension, and it becomes a "poorly designed" suspension in reverse. It doesnt matter how correctly you think your reverse 4 link is setup, it is still wrong. period.

I read the article from Bio Max and it clearly states that there is nothing wrong with running a reverse 4-link. He said it holds the truck up, keeps the rearend under the truck and unless you are running buttlodes of horsepower (stock 1985 4 cylinder) then it is fine. Thank you all for your opinions.

for a lowrider on bags with 100 horsepower is fine with reverse 4 link.... not the best but its fine.... it may cause some ill handling but its not an auto-x car. Look at it this way.... many many 4x4s run a 4 link design on the front axles and it is technically reversed too... the arms run from under the frame forward to the front axle.. before we bash someones pride and joy factor in what its for... racing, show, dragging, shock value etc.... every design has its +s and -s

for a lowrider on bags with 100 horsepower is fine with reverse 4 link.... not the best but its fine.... it may cause some ill handling but its not an auto-x car. Look at it this way.... many many 4x4s run a 4 link design on the front axles and it is technically reversed too... the arms run from under the frame forward to the front axle.. before we bash someones pride and joy factor in what its for... racing, show, dragging, shock value etc.... every design has its +s and -s

a setup in a 4x4 is also not adjustable. When you throw in changing your ride height, it changes everything.

Im not bashing your truck by any means, im just trying to give you some info so that you can make an informed decision before you get too far. If you want to keep it reverse, you just need to be aware of the downfalls. If you were to move it forward, there are no downfalls. Also, i do believe max stated in his artticle that a poorly designed forward 4 link is better than the best designed reverse 4 link.