Engine Swap Project

Jabel

Ok, so first off, I am totally unqualified for this project. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Here's my problem:

I have pulled the old Z22 engine from my truck and I have been getting the used z24 engine I bought ready to put in. So far I have taken from the Z22 both manifolds, the alternator and bracket, and the water pump and put them on the Z24 with no problems. I was going to do the same with the distributor only to find that it will not work with the Z24.

So, here's the question: Have I been wasting my time? Do I have to use all Z24 parts? If the distributor is different, will it work with the carb, manifold, and electrical of the z22?! What about the fly wheel, air assembly, and power steering?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol

no your fine man, its just a different dizzy apparently. the fly wheel, intake/exhaust should be just fine as well as the rest of stuff. I would go with a weber carb tho, but whatever suites your needs go with that.

i have a Z24 dizzy, works. you can have it for the low price of whatever shipping costs.

I can get pics later if you are interested, its in storage and i just have to run and get it. ill pm you my phone # too