Wrecking yard report Knoxville TN

VoidDragon

3 620's a 74 77 and a 79

metal on all was mostly trashed. Beds may be salvagable.

Glass was good.

the 77 still has the sway bar and carb.

i took the bar off the 74. It also had a a87 head, open however, so i left it.

the 79 body and interior was trashed, had been made into off roading machine. half rollcage body beat to shit.

there was also an early 80s zcar.

Oh, and an ancient Volvo with SUs, they appeared to 1.5 inch, but were so froze up I couldnt move the linkage. I dont want SUs bad enough to pay 600 for a rebuild, so I left them.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 620's a 74 77 and a 79

metal on all was mostly trashed. Beds may be salvagable.

Glass was good.

the 77 still has the sway bar and carb.

i took the bar off the 74. It also had a a87 head, open however, so i left it.

the 79 body and interior was trashed, had been made into off roading machine. half rollcage body beat to shit.

there was also an early 80s zcar.

Oh, and an ancient Volvo with SUs, they appeared to 1.5 inch, but were so froze up I couldnt move the linkage. I dont want SUs bad enough to pay 600 for a rebuild, so I left them.

can you get pictures man? i live in somerset ky, and if there is anything worth getting its close enough for me

Seals was...decent. Mine is also missing a chunk, but It didnt look good enough to warrant pulling it off. ( for me at least )

its an hours' drive for me, but I may get down there sometime soonish. The one nearest crushing is the trashed out 79.

If there is anything specific you need, say so, and I can try to remember if its worth a 3 or 4 hour drive.

I was ready to get out of there, it was raining the whole hour i was trying to get the a87 head off so I could see if it was open or closed. And that was after I had to go out and buy a big enough hex to take the bolts out. Then buy a breaker bar big enough to leverage on it to break them loose. I'm a younger guy, and I know how to turn a wrench, but those bolts took every bit of ass I had and still didnt budge. My back hurt for a couple days even.