Bought outside the family (but stayed Japanese)

After thinking about the rust issues I was having with my Pulsar (the structural rust thread from last Friday), I realized it was like your old dog who you love, but eventually gets really sick or hurt and you have to take to the vet for the last time (or behind the barn, depending where you're from).

I went to the auto auction and left with this for a ratsun price:

dsc01768.jpg

It's a 1992 Acura Legend sedan.

While I got a deal, it does need some work. The brake pads and rotors need to be replaced all around and the rear right caliper is seized. The PO defintiely drove for quite a while with that siezed caliper because the pads were thicker on that wheel and the rotor was pitted with rust. :eek:

The braking power with only 3 wheels working was still pretty good... gotta love 4 wheel disc brakes

She might be newer but she still has personality... I think right now she's testing me out to see if I will take good care of her because she wants someone to care for her after her last owners :lol:

By the way, if anyone is interested in buying a 1986 Pulsar, let me know ;)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ratsun Price was a bid of $750, for a total of $900 after taxes and auction fees. I did have to put $500 in brake parts into it right off the bat though.

It has a 3.2L V6 in it, the power output quoted by Honda is 200HP. Quite the step up from the carbed E16 that dragged my ass around before :D

The drive wheels are on the wrong end, but at least they put the engine in the right way.

This car is going to be getting all the love it deserves now that it's in my hands.

Is that the transmission that looks rear drive but then they run a jack shaft up to a front diff?

The dodge intrepid and the FWD audi's do the same thing.

WTF? Why not just bolt the diff in the ass? you're half way home alreday, I feel that compact package would be a PITA.