Bed Cover

Drfixit

I use my truck for work carrying lots of tools in the bed as I drive to different apartments in the same complex. I am sure no one makes a hard top cover for a 1969 L521 do they? The only 2 options is have a top cut to size fro 16 guage sheet metal, hemmed and cross braked or to buy a utilitybed with all the storage boxes etc which defeats the look of having the 69 Datto

Anyone come up with a similiar solution?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a 69 521 and i got lucky and sourced a fiberglass cover on craigslist with everything (frame, hinges, shocks, and key lock) from a toyota tacoma. its an over the rail style and fit was damn perfect. its a lakeland brand, so maybe you can locate one of these or just do a lot of measuring and scope out craigslist until you find something that fits at a good price.

personally it sat a bit to high for the low profile look im going for with the truck so i trimmed it to make a flush mount. i would guess if you wanted to put tools in the bed the extra 3-4" of height i cut would help you out.

what the cover looked like before i modified it:

http://www.lakelandtruckcaps.com/avenger_tonneau_cover.html

for the most part yes. but not all short beds are the same length or width and some are shaped like a trapezoid measuring wider at the cab and narrower at the tailgate or vise versa. thats why measuring before you buy is always a safe bet. every inch counts for that perfect fit.