I guess Martini knows where to steal it's logos from. 56k warning.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you have pics of a few cars there, Pretty sure all are porsches and some are of the 917 which is part of what made the Martini/Rossi sponsorship famous. They won le mans in 71 with it I think.

The ball and plate is actually a registered trademark of Martini & Rossi and predates the creation of Datsun/Nissan by about half a century or so. The logo was 1st registered officially though in 1929, which still predates official Datsun.. Either way (official vs official or unofficial vs unofficial), they were 1st.

Italiano baby ;)

Edited by 72240z
Well you have pics of a few cars there, Pretty sure all are porsches and some are of the 917 which is part of what made the Martini/Rossi sponsorship famous. They won le mans in 71 with it I think.

The ball and plate is actually a registered trademark of Martini & Rossi and predates the creation of Datsun/Nissan by about half a century or so. The logo was 1st registered officially though in 1929, which still predates official Datsun.. Either way (official vs official or unofficial vs unofficial), they were 1st.

Italiano baby ;)

I figured as such, but I couldn't date the photographs. I decided to post them because I found them interesting.

Oh I agree, they are. I find ALL vintage race cars ESPECIALLY le mans cars very interesting. It was a dif time for European racing then, Imo much more pure and heartfelt. The cars represent that.

There is a Lancia LC2 there too now that I look close.

Edited by 72240z

Here is the engine for that Lancia too. It gives me a special feeling in my pants every time I see it.

3 liter dohc twin turbo v8, 800hp.........

Lancia-LC2_8.jpg

Here is the vo12 from the 917

DSC01951.jpg

Here is the vo16 from the 917, talk about jaw dropping.

1590800376_f30e7ef089.jpg

Edited by 72240z
Oh I agree, they are. I find ALL vintage race cars ESPECIALLY le mans cars very interesting. It was a dif time for European racing then, Imo much more pure and heartfelt. The cars represent that.

There is a Lancia LC2 there too now that I look close.

I got lots more hi res photographs. Mostly open wheel. I don't know if I want to unload them all at once though. :D

Ya I still holds le mans speed records too unless I'm mistaken. Ever hear the story on the ass? They had to add that back end because going like 240 in the strait it would try and fly away lol. Got to love it.....

Edited by 72240z
Ya I still holds le mans speed records too unless I'm mistaken. Ever hear the story on the ass? They had to add that back end because going like a buck 40 in the strait it would try and fly away lol. Got to love it.....

I love how unfinished it looks. Look at it from the back and it's the tires, diff, and 2 haphazard looking exhaust pipes. swoooon