sr20det swap in a 210

ANDREW5373

ok so somewere on here there is got to be somene wh is doing this...i have a 1980 210 a14`im looking to do a sr20det swap but the problem is not the rear end or the trans mount or engine mount.....im woried about the wiring...and the efi system...i know its a little technical im hopeing someone has some insite on it to make it clear to me...the engine is 2,500 with engine trans and computer and wireing harness .....just what do in need to do with wireing..just looking for info 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i just got mine running yesterday, not to hard i ran two 5/16" lines from front to rear for the fuel lines and then you can use icehouses power relay box like i did. mine was a little more complicated as i did mods to the engine, wire harness tuck and eliminated most all of the stock engine harness from the car.

see at first cause it is a quite bit of extra money my wife desnt want me to spent im buying a stock red top and swaping it out...so will the icehouse power relay box help me out with the wireing?,,,cause in all the forums i see the on ly talk about the hardware...im woried about the ignition wireing and stuff...

wheni do buy the engine i will elimiate the power sterring and the ac....i dont need them but the efi and ignition kinda wories me...i dont want this to turn into a 2 year.......or more project....id like to know all info up front so i can be prepared up front and have all money and find parts up front so i can swap within a month .....this is my play toy and drivig to work toy...that id like to drift with eventualy.....but i like to know what i need to by and how much it is before i go and do something...

if you don't care about the stock engine harness just coil it up in a corner and leave it, then it is maybe ten wires. my original tank i had the draw tube enlarged to 3/8" put on an external fuel pump. when i finally sat down to to the wiring i think i had maybe five hours into it.