My Datsun 510 project

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackson311... I thought that you and I might know someone in common.  Do you know Charlie Clark? He's one of the guys that owns KC Raceware.  They do a lot of work on Z cars for the track.  Charlie actually helped with the roll cage work on our Chumpcar that we are racing this summer.

I thought their was a chance you might know him.

So I know I asked this before... but do you think this tire/wheel combo would fit under the stock fenders? (We can roll the fenders and I'm lowering but will also have camber plates).

205/50/15 Dunlop Direzza ZII http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=Direzza+ZII

VTO Retro 4's 15x7 http://www.futofab.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=29&category_id=3&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=74

Any issues up front or in the rear I should expect? I really don't want them to stick out.

• 5 months later...

Been quite some time since I posted about the car... 

So the suspension is in and the wheels and tires have been test fitted.  Some work is going to be done to help them fit just a bit better, but it's getting closer.  It's the first time in some while that the car has been on the ground, so I'm happy with that.  Progress will probably slow and meticulous, but I'm ok with that :)

On+the+ground.jpg

IMG_7891.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, I decided against the flares a while back.  Decided not to cut up a 68.  We were able to get a 15x7.5 SSR Reverse Mesh under the rear and I'm pretty happy with that.

I still have the original L16, but I decided to have Rebello build a motor for the car.  They finished it the other day, and it's going to have a just a few more ponies than the L16  :devil:

• Like 1