WTB: 240z - 280z 4 speed...

That's right, 4 speed.

Turns out I don't like the higher gearing of any of the available 5 speeds (short of the T5, which seems like more of a job than I want to do right now). Plus I barely ever need fifth anyway.

So if you have a working 4 speed local to OC/LA/IE/SD... Well I'll probably pay something for it :D

I'm probably going to just get my existing tranny fixed anyway (as it's now stuck rather than blown), but after a few issues with these breaking/blowing, I feel like obtaining a spare isn't such a bad idea.

Thanks.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have several available, how many do you need....? :-) I also have a nice five speed from an '81 210 that would go nicely in your triumph... You can email me at L28240z@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Richard

I'll consider shipping one if any of my local leads don't peter out :D I'm hoping everyone has switched theirs for a five speed around here, that way I won't have to get one from out of state... I'll def. give you an email if I fail at obtaining one locally, though ;)

My TR7 has the stock five speed, which apparently worked fine when parked. As soon as the thing can drive a meter without blowing a head gasket, I'll know if it needs to be replaced :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.