FS 1971 510 4 door KA24DE

1971 Datsun 510 with KA24DE swap

Clean title four door with very little (no?) rust, bought from CA and currently in AZ

I'm going to try to list everything I can think of that needs to be taken care of with the car so that you know what you're getting. I don't want it to sound like a POS, this car is still a project, but it runs and drives like a champ! I daily drive this car for 300+ miles a week and haven't had a problem since replacing a bad coil in October 2010.

Exterior

Z wheels with tires about 1 year old in good shape

Slight damage to the right rear end, PO did not have it pulled/fixed before spraying the car. Trunk sits slightly off because of this and the trunk also has some paint cracking

Paint job is OK from 10 feet but doesn't go into the door jams etc as you can see from pics

Has some various dings and dents

Interior

Original door panels are all there and in pretty good shape, missing an arm rest and there are some scratches etc.

Rear seat has a grapefruit sized hole on the lower part (where your calf would be if you were sitting back there)

Dash has the usual cracks

Made the kick panels myself

Newish carpet kit

Grant steering wheel

Complete gauge cluster with working tachometer

Speedometer cable (new one included) needs to be mated to KA 5 speed

Not sure what the front seats are out of but they're in good shape and comfortable

Motor etc

KA24DE & 5 speed from 96 240SX

The motor swap and wiring was done by a PO and was a *MESS*. I've cleaned up and replaced a lot of stuff but if I were keeping the car I'd buy one of those CAN/AM wiring boxes and rewire it. It is a little slow to start every time but once it's started it idles fine. This may be due to the wiring or the externally wired fuel pump. The other major thing that needs to be done is a mount made for the aluminum radiator I installed.

Optima battery relocated to trunk

I've got some extra parts, some 280zx struts to lower the front, lots of wiring diagrams, manuals etc info for the KA that I will include with the car

If you have any questions just PM me and please include an email address.

aug510a.jpg

aug510b.jpg

aug510c.jpg

aug510d.jpg

aug510e.jpg

aug510f.jpg

aug510g.jpg

aug510h.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.