BRAKES toyota cressida

Hey, I just did the shocks on the front of my toyota cressida. While doing this I removed the calipers, brake hose, rotors, ect of course, I also removed a "speed sensor" from the front, and left sides that goes behind the dust cover, it looks to be some electromagnetic sensor.

I believe its hooked to the power steering system. When I removed them they where covered in bits of metal(the magnet is very strong) so I cleaned them off, put them back, did the rest of the shock replacement.

Now at exactly 15mph, the brakes will shudder for a minute and the brake pedal will give abnormal resistance, when I hit 14-13mph it will stop, and brakes will feel normal. The mechanical hydrolic assembly works flawlessly, I bled the brakes correctly and filled the fluid also.

What could cause this? The brakes are working great, and the ABS seems to be working at higher speeds.(wheels no longer lock up, they lock on/off as they should)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...