67 520 questions..

Jizital

So i've been reading and have been trying to do some searching but i just havent really had any good luck finding what i need. Maybe some of you guys that have been here a little while can help me find what i am looking for.

I have been searching trying to find a thread where someone has installed a cd player in a 520 that didnt already have one. Before i go take apart the dash i wanted to know if there was existing wiring for power and whatnot for a radio or how i should go about wiring it in.

Also i was wondering if the radio block off plate is just clipped in or if there is something else in the back holding it in.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

now i dont really know alot about 521s but if it were me i would just put the cd player in the dash and keep it hidden so theives or if your not doing a full on custom it might be better but anyways it should have the wiring in it if they came with radios if not then just wire it up your self its not that hard. for one all the speaker wires from the cd player can just be run to the speakers then you have your groung self explanitory then your power hook this to a wire that has power when the ignition is switched on then your memory hook this to a wire that is hot all the time other than that you have an illumination if im correct you can hook this to a wire for the lights so that when you turn them on the cd player lights up. now anything else like remote wire and rcas if you have an amp hook em up if not then leave them be. hope this helps. if any of it is wrong some one will tell you lol.

the radio block off plate has 2 tabs that have those push on style keepers on it. if you try to just pop out the plate you will break the tabs.

i checked and i dont have a pic of the back of the plate but others on this site do.

in order to put a cd player in you will have to cut out the din part of the dash where the radio goes. the 2 pieces with the holes.

94metaldash.jpg

or you could put it in the glove box like this.

Picture107.jpg

there may be one original radio wire that is red i believe. you should download the manual from here

http://www.olddatsuns.com//620tech.htm

i'd be interested in buying your block off plate. pm me in you want to sell it please.

my apologies to whoever's pic im using.