Begin with the End in Mind Project Slammedbuster

Loz

And so it was that I woke this morning wondering what the chuff I was REALLY gonna do with my 620. I have a history of unfinished projects including my current daily driver (Merc 250s). I think my initial rationale for the truck was something to drive while I finished the detailing on the Benz. And yet somehow I find the 620 project more appealing... Is it because trucks are notionally more simple? I know not but I stared and stared and finally bit the bullet.

Bench seat out, Carpet up, sound proofing (soggy....BAD sign) up and lets have a look at the floor.... Holy $h%t...wait, floor begins with F doesn't it? Well my heart sank as I realised I was gonna need more welding than the 1200bhts worth for the chassis and passenger sill. But I resolved to not be put off.

I'm going to pace myself and get the jobs done as and when time and money permits. Welding seems pretty important so I am going to prioiritise it. Lowering however, seems uber cool and a visual result is imediate. So I will try and mix practical with asthetic so as not to loose heart.

I'll be getting a price for welding up the floor but will get on with the sill and the chassis and lowering jobs asap.

So I guess if I publish the wish list of jobs on here I will be held hostage to fortune and have to finish it. So here goes.

1. Low Low Low low low low low low

2. Solid Body

3. Smooth body (shaved hooks and handles)

4. Electric Windows

5. Tints

6. Air Con

7. Door locks to open doors instead of handles. (read here bending the rods works)

8. rising sun paint

9. working speedo

10. Working fuel tank and meter

11. service the brakes

12. retrimed bench seats

13. taxed and regd

There is some scope for other detailing but thats the bare bones of it. I think with those jobs done it will be a very usable everyday runaround. Only the cost of 91ron petrol would have me looking at using the Benz (Converted to Deisel)

But the Truck should be light and fun to drive and be a nice, low profile, cool runaround.

To remind me of what I started and who I am accountable to(YOU!), I made the following start...

33639000043_large.jpg

Edited by Loz
added pic
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic