my little '86 cressida daily

So, I sold my Datsun pickups in favor of a more family oriented car...

I finally picked up an x73 a few weeks ago, along with a turbo mk3 supra. Traded a stock s13 coupe with an rb20 for both cars. I'll pick the supra clean, and drive this until my ka-t coupe gets running, lol. Then I'll be dropping the 7mgte into this. Can't wait to start blowing headgaskets!! The car itself is super clean and straight, but the seats are kinda shit. The rest of the interior is good though, so I can put up with it for now...

Anyway, factory 5spd/lsd so that's a plus! Here's some pics...

Cressida006.jpg

Cressida010.jpg

Picked these up a while back off a t-bird. Did alot of polishing on them and they look okay. Trying to get some better offsets, but they'll do for now. 16x8 +10, meh. Was thinking of painting them silver, but the black actually looks pretty good on the car .

almostdonewheels.jpg

and here's some dirty pics I took the other day after chopping the springs and putting my wheels on. Car looks pretty sick . Just sitting on cut springs now, but I am ordering my suspension techniques supra springs and some agx's for it. The end height should be about the same, if not I'll cut the new springs to bring it down more, lol. Love the ride height, might just want a tad higher in the rear, but not much.

newpics1.jpg

newpics2.jpg

newpics3.jpg

Then I repainted the wheels, waxed the car and cleaned it up a bit more.

cressand240.jpg

wax4.jpg

wax3.jpg

wax2.jpg

wax5.jpg

wax1.jpg

and got a few little things for the interior, like this Nardi wood wheel I got for free from my friend Dary. Got it in a front cut and thought it looked stupid.

interiorstuff.jpg

interiorwheel.jpg

interiorshifter.jpg

More updates when I get more stuff done. Waiting on my s13 to get finished before I start putting the 7mgte into this, so it might be a while.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Shane! Great to have you back around! The Cres looks great. It is amazing how you can slam a family car like this on streched tires and make it go from 'grandma' to just plain 'awesome'.

I would love to take credit for it, but I know the honda guys have been doing it for years, lol. It's still pretty cool though :D.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Im hoping to start on the 7mgte swap later this month. We've got a sw20 getting a new 3sgte, plus my ka-t s13 that needs to get done before we start on this. Unfortunately, this is at the bottom of my priorities list as far as motors go. The 5m runs strong, so it'll work for now :D.

• 2 weeks later...

nice ride I have a sister in law that i built a really clean burgundy one but alas its an automatic.

btw guys its going to be for sale very soon she wants a SUV-ugh!!!!

I would keep it but I have too many cars

super clean and low miles for an 1988. 158K miles on it and the paint is very nice

• 1 month later...