2 Datsuns Racings in the 80`s

I have a story i can share, it was the 80`s , I was in Queens with my Mazda RX2 , me and my buddys were at Shea stadium , not really in there but at the junkyard road thats behind it, that was one of the hottist drag spots in NY at the time ,( we had behind Fountain ave. also but Shea was even wilder ) , so there are these guys on a loud speaker talking about a race or looking for some competition for a money race, next thing you know we are all driving to the expressway, kind of like a overpass near a bridge , but it was a long straight . These guys were the original Fast + furious , once all the cars were on the parkway the last bunch of cars stopped and blocked off the ramp and others blocked off the expressway. So I am knew to this racing on a major road and I am thinking I really want to get a good view of things, so i get out of my car and stand by the guard rail at about 2 nd gear( where i think they will pull 2 nd anyway ) O.K. heres the cars , a Datsun 1200 with a bridgeport 13B Mazda rotary with juice and a Datsun 510 ,race 4 cyl.+ juice line up , I am sure open headers on both , so they both do a John Force style burnout + heat them up , Now i think if one of them loses it I will get plastered against the guardrail, so I step over the guardrail to the ledge, next to a 30 foot drop below to the other expressway, This is not good I think, but I stay because I am a complete race motorhead, now keep in mind traffic is being held up on a saturday night in Queens , we are talking major traffic jam,Well this was the most intense race I ever saw , the stater had a flashlight , he drops his arms with the lights + these 2 Datsuns EXPLODED off the line both riding wheelies and when they passed me I almost fell off the edge from the sound waves,They were the loudist cars I ever heard, it was like 2 earthQuakes passing by me , Then in a second they were all the way down the road but the race fuel + Juice was still in the air,next thing I heard was police sirens and everybody was running for thier cars , me too because my license was suspended , and I wanted to sleep in my bed that night. When it was all done the 1200 was the winner of about $1500 + was a car to be feared for a couple of years .

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic