Madness

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I replaced my fuel pump, but it turns out that's not the problem.

My truck wouldn't start and I looked and no gas in the carb thru the sightglass. I pulled the line off the fuel pump and no fuel coming out when I cranked it.

I took the pump apart and nothing's torn, I can't tell if the check valves work ok though.

I had a new pump, it looks like carnival prize quality but whatever. Stuck it in and still no fuel coming out of it.

I think something wrong with line from tank to pump. Otherwise could be with cam actuation, but that seems less likely.

• Like 1

Last Monday, I swapped out the new failed alternator for a "new" one (reman unfortunately) on my KA24e swap 620 since nobody seems to carry new parts anymore

Today I swapped out that ^ alternator....what the flying fuck!!!!!

I spent hours going through my entire harness looking for the cause of the alternator not charging, found nothing, pulled it, took it to auto parts store to get it tested.....failed....got another "new one" will see how long this one lasts....this is really upsetting.

• Like 1

I usually burn good first of the summer and then after that I am ok.  I am talking on my face I do not go shirt less, I have one of those bodies that is better covered so I do not offend the pretty girls as much!  LOL

• Like 3
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Replaced the corroded wiring for the right turn signal. New Green with Black Stripe all the way to the "lamps". And replaced the corroded bulb sockets that lasted about 6 months with LEDs coated in epoxy. Here's the PCB half-populated. I now don't have to contend with randos waving back at me every time I signal a right turn.

DSC_0663.JPG

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

Am I the only one doing anything to their truck?

Anyways. New radiator. The old one was the original. It was literally crumbling at the touch. The radiator shop had to get a custom core made. $390 - ouch.

Also new clutch master cylinder.

And ... new glow plugs.

It feels like a brand-new rust-bucket.

DSC_0875.JPG

DSC_0876.JPG

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...