Ratsun shirts OK?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's actually how I found this site...

I was looking at car-related T-shirts on there, I saw the ratsun.net ones and for some reason decided to have a look at the website.

One thing led to another, and now look where I am :lol:

Moral of the story: Be careful what you browse on the net, because it can lead to shady places, like a Datsun forum. :fu:

Jeff and I own the copyright to the logo.

We typically don't mind people making shirts and stuff, but they should get permission first. Also, we cover the cost to keep the site running. If we're paying out of pocket and someone else is profiting off the community name — well, that's not cool. We haven't really used ads or solicited donations, but it is nice when people volunteer to kick in. That's especially true if they're profiting off the site... it almost goes without saying. That said, I doubt anybody is making fists full of cheddar out of Ratsun. :D

Yeah I'm donating parts of my 'profits' to Ratsun...and believe me it's not a whole heck of a lot. I basically made them so I could get some that I liked. There's a lot of initial interest in them but that doesn't turn out to be a lot of sales. I told my wife that I asked permission (and got it) to make them but wasn't sure if ratsun would get upset if she used it on her zazzle acct so she when ahead and took it off. She basically made the shirt for me for part of my xmas gifts and left it up, she told me she's had a total of 5 people click on it since. :P

We haven't really used ads or solicited donations, but it is nice when people volunteer to kick in. :D

That was the best part about doing the "Ratsun Donation" thread. People were willing to bid on a motor, have a little fun, and support the place we all call home on the net. :D

No one asked for it, so it made people want to do it.