Wrecking Yard Report

What happened to the grill? I wanted to buy it!

either someone nabbed it or they screwed it all up pulling other shit. It's one of my pet peeves about PnP, people jacking shit up to pull the one little item they want..... it HAD beautiful door cards but you someone peeled them down on both doors to look in the door for who only knows what.

It is a crime that someone sold that for scrap price :-(

^Wow... sure is...

It looks to have been impounded by the CHP for some reason. The sticker was too faded out to figure out why.

short rant................... 

In a couple of the PnP yards local to Sacramento the Nissan/Datsun trucks often have the front frames cut at the firewall & removed. The first few times I had seen it I gave it no thought. One particular time I asked the counter guy about it & he responded...... "Oh yeah, there are these dude that come up from Mexico in a big ass truck & all they buy are the front suspensions off of trucks!"...... again, I gave it not much thought..... until I actually was at the yard a couple of weeks ago & witnessed them removing the front frame section on this particular truck. They had one side cut & were getting the other side ready when I asked them if they were the dudes (3 of them) from Mexico that buy the truck frontends & if so what were they doing with them. The main dude said they were & that they repair wrecked trucks with these "good fronts".... as I stood there talking to him & feeling him out another one of the guys goes over to the drivers door with a drill & begins to remove the VIN plate..... the main dude barked something in spanish to him to which the guy looked at me & went back to work prepping the front for removal ......... CLEARLY these dudes were taking the two main components for a VIN swap, the front frame section & the door VIN plate. My guess is they take the crap back to Mexico to alter stolen vehicles from the US.

• Like 2
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At PnP Rancho Cordova. What a shame looks like it was a great little truck.

Probably wouldn't pass smog here in Kalifornia. It even had shaved door handles, done right.

Of course some jackwagon already fucked up a bunch of shit on it pulling what they wanted.

PnP720.JPG

IMG_00116.jpg

IMG_00120.jpg

IMG_00119.jpg

IMG_00117.jpg

Damn shame. I swear it was on Craigslist for years for $2500 in Sonoma, CA with a bad carb.  Maybe it had DMV back fees. If the taillights are original it's an 85 or early 86. Parts alone would have been with the $2500 fee. Nice bumper and chromed lower valance. I should have snagged it when it was for sale.

• Like 1

either someone nabbed it or they screwed it all up pulling other shit. It's one of my pet peeves about PnP, people jacking shit up to pull the one little item they want..... it HAD beautiful door cards but you someone peeled them down on both doors to look in the door for who only knows what.

It looks to have been impounded by the CHP for some reason. The sticker was too faded out to figure out why.

short rant...................

In a couple of the PnP yards local to Sacramento the Nissan/Datsun trucks often have the front frames cut at the firewall & removed. The first few times I had seen it I gave it no thought. One particular time I asked the counter guy about it & he responded...... "Oh yeah, there are these dude that come up from Mexico in a big ass truck & all they buy are the front suspensions off of trucks!"...... again, I gave it not much thought..... until I actually was at the yard a couple of weeks ago & witnessed them removing the front frame section on this particular truck. They had one side cut & were getting the other side ready when I asked them if they were the dudes (3 of them) from Mexico that buy the truck frontends & if so what were they doing with them. The main dude said they were & that they repair wrecked trucks with these "good fronts".... as I stood there talking to him & feeling him out another one of the guys goes over to the drivers door with a drill & begins to remove the VIN plate..... the main dude barked something in spanish to him to which the guy looked at me & went back to work prepping the front for removal ......... CLEARLY these dudes were taking the two main components for a VIN swap, the front frame section & the door VIN plate. My guess is they take the crap back to Mexico to alter stolen vehicles from the US.

I never thought about this ug. I bought 40 1969 to 1972 chevell front clips for the lower a frames and steering for my racecar customers. After I got home someone called the race shop wanting to buy the clips.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tumwater pick n pull  there is a 81 210 4door hatch brown interior ,,,,,, PERFECT DASH ... Tdaaj might have a couple pictures of it he could probably text you,,  if you PM him

4 Dr sedan, not hatch.

I would LOVE a good brown dash top....and glovebox for that matter. I've got a NOS stereo cluster. Bought the last one Nissan had a few years back.

• Like 1

if anyone from texas has noticed that the wrechapart in austin has a 240z, allow me to save them the trip. i went and looked at it the other day, the interior was stripped, and most of the metal was either rusted or mangled beyond redemption.  it still had its carbs, but some dick took the hood off and its been raining here a lot lately, so id say they are core at best. it looks like someone really did a number on it.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all from Okinawa , I  will be parting out a JDM 510 Bluebird , full car can't be sent as it has no documents so its got t be parted out or possibly half cut , if any interests for parts please let me know and I wil post up more info and photos etc. Also reach me on my email provzone@gmail.com or Skype ID : provzone , I can even do a video call walk-around if the interest is there from serious buyers. Also have two FJ20ET engines at the moment.

Alex 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...